In this article, we will share information about e-tourist visa for India for International travelers. Source of this information is Wikipedia, Policy for India, Official website for e-tourist visa and other authentic resources.
India has introduced e-tourist visa (ETA – Electronic Travel Authorization) services in November 2014,
Eligible Countries For E-Tourist Visa
|Albania||Andorra||Angola||Anguilla||Antigua & Barbuda||Argentina|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||Botswana||Brazil||Brunei||Bulgaria||Burundi|
|Cambodia||Cameroon Union Republic||Canada||Cape Verde||Cayman Island||Chile|
|China||China- SAR Hongkong||China- SAR Macau||Colombia||Comoros||Cook Islands|
|Costa Rica||Cote D’lvoire||Croatia||Cuba||Cyprus||Czech Republic|
|Denmark||Djibouti||Dominica||Dominican Republic||East Timor||Ecuador|
|El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea||Estonia||Fiji||Finland|
|Nicaragua||Niger Republic||Niue Island||Norway||Oman||Palau|
|Palestine||Panama||Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Peru||Philippines|
|Poland||Portugal||Qatar||Republic of Korea||Republic of Macedonia||Romania|
|Russia||Rwanda||Saint Christopher and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent & the Grenadines||Samoa|
|San Marino||Saudi Arabia||Senegal||Serbia||Seychelles||Sierra Leone|
|Singapore||Slovakia||Slovenia||Solomon Islands||South Africa||Spain|
|Tajikistan||Tanzania||Thailand||Tonga||Trinidad & Tobago||Turks & Caicos Island|
|USA||Uzbekistan||Vanuatu||Vatican City-Holy See||Venezuela||Vietnam|
Citizens of Bhutan and Nepal do not require Visa or passports to enter India, if they are not arriving from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Maldives Or Pakistan, due to security reasons.
Eligibility For E-Visa
- International travelers whose sole objective for visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga program, Short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/program (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issued with a qualifying certificate/ diploma etc.),Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return), medical treatment including treatment under Indian systems of medicine, business purpose, as attendant to e-Medical visa holder, attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop organized by a Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments or UT Administrations etc. & their subordinate/ attached organizations & PSUs and private conferences organized by private persons/companies/organizations.
- Applicant’s passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of e-Visa.
- International Travelers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travelers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders other than Passport.
You can choose the e-tourist visa if you are travelling from all above-mentioned countries. You can just apply online; you don’t have to go down to the embassy and apply for it. That way you can just do it online, it is a single entry visa so you will only be permitted to enter India once on this visa and you are limited to only two visas a year so you can only like go India twice on these types of visas. Only official website to apply online visa is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa.
There is no requirement of any travel agents, or intermediary, it is always advised do not believe or fall in trap of any kind of corrupt elements if anyone claims for early or express approval and ask for money.
You can apply for it 30 days before your travel date all the way up, until about 4 days minimum before you go. You may enter one of these 16 airports in India,
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Baroda, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Visakhapatnam, and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai seaports). You may depart from any of the Indian Immigration Check Posts (ICPs). You cannot enter in India through land border on ETA.
E-visa mean that you can only enter if your sole objective of visiting India is, recreational sightseeing casual visit to some friends or relatives a short-duration medical treatment or like a casual business visit.
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
Format – JPEG
- Size (Minimum 10 KB – Maximum 1 MB)
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should present full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
- Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details.
- Size (Minimum 10 KB – Maximum 300 KB)
Other document for Business/Medical Purpose
- Format -PDF
- Size (Minimum 10 KB – Maximum 300 KB)
The validity of e-Visa would be according to the e-Visa service you have requested in the application form as –
- For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETAwith Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 90 days except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan. In case of nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan, continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
- For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your firstarrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.
- For e-Business Visa, the validity would be 365 days from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 180 days and no registration would berequired if stay is for a period of less than 180 days. However, if the intention is to stay for more than 180 days, then the foreigner shall get himself/herself registered with the FRRO/FRO concerned (https://indianfrro.gov.in) within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days of his/her arrival in India.
- For e-Conference Visa, the validity would be 30 days from the date of arrival in India with Single entry.
- For e-Medical Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
- For e-Medical Attendant Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
Tourist visa fees vary between countries, according to the arrangement between governments. The current fee for US citizens is $160 for up to 10 years. Processing is additional and costs $19.90. There are also other incidental costs such as a Biometric Enrollment fee, although these are not significant in amount. When compared to the new reduced cost of getting an e-Tourist visa — $80 for five years — there’s no real financial benefit of obtaining a regular paper visa.
Some countries, such as Japan and Mongolia have special agreements with India that allow their citizens to pay significantly less for a visa. Citizens of Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, Niue Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay and Vanuatu do not have to pay a visa fee.